CHILDREN's TUTORING PROGRAM
Advance First Baptist Church offers a tutoring program for students in the community. Participating schools are notified at the beginning of the school year with the pertinent information and how to enroll in the program. Below is information:
- Students in grades 1-5
- Help with reading, spelling and basic math
- Parents must sign students up, giving information to help tutor know what to work on with the child.
- Class is held on Tuesday evenings from 6 PM to 7 PM in the basement of the church
- We do not hold classes on days that children are not in school
- We do use Bible Stories, etc. when working with the children
- Each child has a notebook, each week is documented on what is done and how well they do
- Expectations of parents include getting children there on time, picking them up on time, calling ahead of time if they will not be able to attend that week, etc.
- Students need to bring their homework assignments to the class so that we can work with them on that.
- Light refreshment is served at the end of each session.
If you are interested in this program for your child, you can contact our church or ask your school if they participate in the Children's Tutoring Program for Advance First Baptist Church